I have been absent from blogosphere for awhile. There were a sequence of events which prohibited me from blogging.
Sequence of Events (also known as excuses)
- Bought an Internet key in Lome for 30mil (which is about $60 U.S. dollars) which allows me to get online from almost anywhere in Togo (when it works)
- Internet key was stolen from me at the Peace Corps Headquarter one week later. Such a disappointment on so many levels.
- Bought another internet key for another 30mill (another $60 U.S. dollars)
- Couldn't get the second inteternet key to work....and was on my way to Atapkeme for a conference. Took the internet key to the AtapkameTogocel office. Arrived at 2.
- My computer crashed the same day (there was no bridge to throw myself off of)
- Ordered a computer online with the help of Eric (my son) and Emily (my daughter) and Ryan a Peace Corps Volunteer, The computer was shipped to my friend Kittie and she brought it to Paris where I was to meet her and Pat for a seven day vacation. (I'll blog about Paris later) Ok, ok, ok...you wonder now why I'm complaining.
- Enjoyed seven blissful days in Paris with friends...hot showers, great food, ice, cool weather, good wine, great conversation and lots and lots of laughter!
- Upon return to Lome, PCV Lyle installed windows office on my computer. Works like a charm!
- Still needed to install the internet key, so a couple days after I returned from Paris I went to Taglibo to get internet key installed.
- I walked six blocks in the blazin, hot sun and sand (this is beginning to sound like a pattern) to Solomons house. He was home, and he graciously installed my internet key.
- The computer and the internet key is working great now, but I still have not been able to get caught up because the computer only stays charged for about two hours.
- Have been working with several people in Tchekpo to get electricity installed at my house (CTGTE) or Committee to Get Terry Electricity (and shut her up!)
- The wiring went up yesterday, should have electricity by next week.
- At that time I will have the ability to charge my computer, to get online (unlimited access - no more clock watching) and to have light and most important.....a fan!
No more excuses!
Progress! It's exciting!