Pages

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Going tomorrow

My going away party....How did I get so lucky?
Ummmmm. It appears I will be leaving early tomorrow morning for Togo, West Africa! I'll meet up with however many other volunteers are starting their service in Togo at the same time I am, in Washington DC, for one day. We will leave for Togo on Friday afternoon. We'll have a layover in Paris (see Kittie you were right, I am going to Paris!) and then on to Togo.

When we land in Togo...the Peace Corps staff (about 7 staff members) will meet us at the airport and we will immediately go somewhere for a 3-1/2 day retreat. We will primarily be speaking in French from that day forward. After that it sounds like they have 'Plenty' planned for next many weeks. I'll probably find out where I'll be permanently within three weeks. That will be interesting.

I've just not let myself think about the fact that I won't have easy access to the people I love. We'll figure out a way to communicate. At the very, very least I will have access to a computer twice a month. I think I might have daily email access for the first few weeks??

KCI to Washington DC tomorrow morning 7:40. Au revoir!

1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness, I couldn't be more excited for you, Terry! You are my FIRST applicant to make it out into the field! Safe and wonderful journeys, my friend! My advice for you is this: love, love, love, and enjoy! :)

    Blessings and best wishes to you!

    ReplyDelete